AquaVial E. coli and coliform water test vials included in the kit detect the presence of these potentially dangerous bacteria before it causes serious illnesses. It is an easy-to-use screening test that can quickly detect water quality issues before they become a serious health risk.
AquaVial E. Coli and Coliform Water Test kit, 4-Pack
What is AquaVial E. coli?
- A NEW AND INNOVATIVE PRODUCT, ideal for water testing. Use AquaVial E. coli to test your well water, pool and take it with you at the cottage or in your travel to keep you safe.
- SIMPLE, ONE-STEP WATER TESTING METHOD. Just pour sample water into AquaVial E. coli test vial and check for changes in color
- EASY-TO-READ RESULTS: the reagent changes color from yellow to purple when bacteria is present. The color chart included with the AquaVial E. coli kit makes reading the results easy.
- HIGHLY SENSITIVE WATER TEST: AquaVial E.Coli and coliform is able is able to detect E.coli and coliform bacteria concentrations as little as 1 CFU/ml- the limit for drinking water.
- COST-EFFECTIVE WATER QUALITY SCREENING TEST: AquaVial E. coli provides a convenient and cost effective way to screen the water yourself.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We stand behind the products we develop and sell. If you are not completely satisfied you will receive a free replacement or your money back.
Why Should You Test for E. Coli and Coliform Presence in Water?
E. coli and coliform bacteria presence in water indicates potential fecal contamination of the water source. These bacteria can lead to serious illness in humans. Infection symptoms include bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, vomiting and occasionally, fever.
Coliform bacteria can also cause pneumonia, other respiratory illnesses and urinary tract infections. In case E. coli or other coliform bacteria are detected, the water should not be consumed. Further investigation and testing of the entire system should be initiated to confirm the results. AquaVial E. Coli and coliform is a quick visual indicator of water quality at home or during your travels, at the cottage, on your boat and RV. The kit is a great addition to your pool and hot tub water testing routine.
How is AquaVial E. coli and coliform different?
AquaVial E. coli and coliform test kit uses the most recent advances in biotechnology research to detect the presence of coliform bacteria with a simple to read color change. The nutrients used in our formulation are specifically designed to enhance the sensitivity to fecal coliform bacteria. This formulation reduces the risk for false positive results .
The color change is produced by a dye that is changing its color from yellow to purple in presence of an enzyme (glucosidase). This enzyme is produced by all coliform bacteria.
Compared with other tests on the market, our test has a simpler testing method. Just add 4 ml of water with the pipette provided and wait. The results can be read within 24 hours at 35- 40 degrees Celsius. If the test is kept at lower temperature, confirm there is no color change after 48 hours.
For more information please visit www.aquavial.ca and check our step-by-step video instructions.
Want for learn more about water testing and treatment? Check our blogs!
|Dimensions||3 × 4 × 0.5 in|
- 4 AquaVial E. coli and coliform test vial with yellow dry media
- 4 AquaVial flat lids
- English/French/Spanish/German/Italian Instructions
For more details on how to use the kit please see our YouTube video instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many test can be done with one kit?
A: Each kit contains test vials and disposable pipettes and caps for performing 4 tests.
Q: What happens if I add less or too much water?
A: The test is designed as a limit test,as a result is less sensitive to the exact amount of water used in the test. If at least one coliform bacteria is present the test will change color withing 48 hours
Q: What does it means if the vial remains yellow in the first 48 hours but changes color a couple of days later?
A: The reagent in the test vial detect presence of an enzyme produced by coliform bacteria. However the enzyme can be sometime present at very low concentrations from other sources of from dead bacteria. This can cause the solution sometimes to change color after a longer time ( after 4-5 days or even longer). However, if the vial did not change color within the first 48 hours there is no viable (live) fecal coliform bacteria in your water.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.